April 28, 2002
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:05 UT. Those attending: Brent (President, and chairing the meeting);
Shirley, Roger, Gerard, Stan.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting Approval
- Since there were no comments or questions concerning the minutes of the last meeting, they were considered ratified
- Agenda Item 2: Treasurers Report 1Q 2002 Discussion
- There being no comments or questions, the report was accepted, together with the Internal Auditors Statement. All in
- Agenda Item 3: Sun Server Donation Report
- - Jurian not being available, Gerard filled in with the report.
- - It appears that the donor got the server back, and has to re-send. Not certain at present as to whether he needs cash to
do this, but Gerard will have an answer to that one later.
- Agenda Item 4: Booklet Production Report and Discussion
- - There is a misalignment on page 47, making the whole page crooked.
- - But it may have been present in the original PDF file. SP&G, to whom the sample was sent is not prompt on delivery,
hence the cheaper price. The suggestion was that we should combine the money for the SP&G quote with the money
which would have been spent on the repair of the copier, thus providing funds to place one order with Kinkos. That
would give us a little stock to work from, then we could use SP&G, whose quote is cheaper, and the slow delivery
would not be of such significance.
- - Roger already has a cheque for $300.00 to be allocated for printing. SP&Gs quote was $325.00 plus shipping;
Kinkos was $559.09, plus shipping, and the shipping costs would likely be the same.
- - Motion, made by Roger, amended by Roger, and seconded by Shirley:
we allocate an additional $270 to place
an order for 100 copies of the booklet with Kinkos. I amend my previous motion to state that we reallocate the copier
repair funds to be combined with the printing funds and an additional $20 for shipping be allocated. I further move that
SP&G be recognized for their excellent quality samples and that they be considered for additional non-emergency
orders. Additionally, the motion shall be that the current order will be placed with Kinko's as we have current orders
and no stock on hand. Carried unanimously.
- Agenda Item 5: Progress of Short Wave Radio Project Monthly Report
- - There was nothing much in the report this month, and no questions or comments by the Board.
- Agenda Item 6: 800 Number Status Discussion
- - Shirley reported that the 800 number is now in place. No problem with hardware installation, and as yet, no
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 19:14, UT.