August 11, 2002
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:11 UT. Those attending: Brent (President, and chairing the meeting);
Shirley, Mary, Gerard, Stan, Jan, Steve.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting Approval
- - Motion, made by Mary, seconded by Jan: THAT we ratify the minutes at the next meeting.
- - There was no vote, however everyone agreed that this should be done. The reason for this action was that the link to
the minutes could be broken, and has to be checked out, since there were those who could not get to it to read the
minutes of the last meeting.
- Agenda Item 2: Welcome New Board Member - Steve Havas
- - Sean is also a new Board Member, but is on vacation. Gerard mentioned that Sean indicated he will not be able to
attend the Board meetings, due to no Internet access at his home. Sean can email his reports concerning the server to
the Inc. before the meetings, as the Board can email questions to him.
- - No discussion concerning the mid-term election was needed, since, with two candidates accepting and four Board
vacancies, the election ended with their acceptance.
- Agenda Item 3: Troubled Times, Inc. Booklet Review and Discussion
- - Mary began by reporting on the status of booklet orders, indicating that these last Booklets from Kinkos had printed
out all right.
- - A discussion ensued concerning the quality of the videos that were being sent out with some orders. The quality of
these videos is pretty poor, and Brent will get in touch with Nancy concerning this, Jan will try to contact Geson , the
original creator, and it will then be determined if any better quality tapes exist. The discussion will be continued at
next months meeting. Meanwhile, Mary will send out copies to members who dont have them so they can view the
- - Nancy had asked Brent to add an addendum to the agenda, but strictly for the record. Kiko has requested that he be
allowed to print the Booklet in the Slav language, with no charge to the Inc., so that the Booklet can be distributed
freely there. Also, a Russian translation of the booklet is now complete.
- Agenda Item 4: Ongoing Projects Discussion
- - Rogers acreage report is a link off the agenda, but Stan added a little more to it. No discussion.
- - Shirleys short wave radio report is likewise a link off the agenda; there were no comments, questions or discussion.
- - With regard to the Sun Server, since Sean is currently on vacation it was decided that he could submit a report for the
The meeting adjourned at approximately 19:09, UT.