February 17, 2002
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:23 UT. Those attending: Brent (President, and chairing the meeting);
Shirley, Roger, Jurian, Gerard, Mary, Jan, Nancy.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting Approval
- Since there were no comments or questions concerning the minutes of the last meeting, they were considered ratified
- Agenda Item 2: Annual Elections Welcome
- Unfortunately, due to ISP problems, our new member was not able to be present to be welcomed!
- Agenda Item 3: UNIX Servers Brief Report
- - Jurian gave a brief report on current server status, and there was discussion as to whether or not this would be a
published location. It was decided that it should not.
- - Troubled times is about to become the recipient of a donated server, and there was much excited discussion
concerning this event.
- - Motion, made by Nancy, seconded by Mary: THAT we accept the gift of the Sun Server, and shipping and
co-locating costs in
, estimated at $136/mo. Carried unanimously.
- Agenda Item 4: Booklet Production Brief Report
- - Mary gave a report on the status of Booklet orders and how many had been sent out.
- - Nancy has mailed more postage and supplies money to Mary.
- - Discussion was held re a better link to the PDF, and Nancy is going to arrange that.
- Agenda Item 5: Progress of Short Wave Radio Project Monthly Report
- Shirley had as usual submitted her report by e-mail, and it was a link off the main agenda
- Agenda Item 6: Request for Funding of Short Wave Radio Project Discussion and Vote
- - Also by e-mail, just before the meeting, Shirley had withdrawn her request for funding an amplifier, at this time.
- - It was agreed, however, that should she find one at a reasonable price, the matter should be raised again.
- Agenda Item 7: Seed Team Hub Status Report
- - Roger gave his report, and mentioned that he may want a reallocation of the money given to him by the non-profit for
- - It was pointed out to him that all projects have a discretionary account, and the seed project costs around $700.00
per year, but that the matter could be put on the agenda for next month, when better preparations could be made.
- Agenda Item 8: Hydroponics Project Report Report
- Nancy gave a report on the status of the hydroponics lab.
Motion, made by Roger, seconded by Mary: THAT we adjourn. The meeting was adjourned at approximately 20:24.