February 28, 2004
The meeting was called to order at approximately 17:54 UT. Those attending: Roger, (chairing President), Nancy, and Gerard.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting - Approval
- - Since there were no objections, the Minutes of the last Board Meeting were considered ratified as correct.
- Agenda Item 2: Treasurer's Quarterly Report Report
- - Treasure's report was accepted, but Roger noted that as of the end of 2003, the PayPal account had $57.68 and the Postage account $183.52, to reflect
end of 2003, 4Q, status, correctly.
- Agenda Item 3: Projects Review Discussion
- - CD Project: Roger reported 20 orders in the past month, mostly of the Booklet/CD combo. 35 CD's have been distributed, 727 booklets since Roger
took over the distribution. Booklet and CD inventory seem adequate at the moment, and should run down and out together, paced.
- - Survival Booklet Project: after considerable discussion, it was agreed that the Addendum being mailed as a note with new booklets should also be linked
from the web page providing the PDF to the public, that no new policy need be established for this, and that prior recipients of the booklet would not need
to get a note in the mail giving them the Addendum.
- - Acreage & Seed Project: Roger reported that he is planning a garden, with emphasis on varieties that can reseed in place such as oats and buckwheat.
- - Shortwave Project: Shirley reported that progress on packet radio and Morse Code on radio are continuing, but mainly the status quo is holding.
- - Server Project: Brent reported some progress in making contacts that could help with the install, and in determining that routers already at hand in his home
could be used.
- The meeting was adjourned at 18:52, UT.