January 20, 2002
- 1. Minutes of Last Meeting - Approval
- If there is no objection to the minutes as posted, they will be considered ratified as correct.
- 2. UNIX Servers Online - Discussion
- - · Progress report by Jurian on status of configuration and function.
- 3. Booklet Costs for Future Mass Production - Discussion
- - Carried over from last meeting.
- - Quotes have been obtained from Toni, Roger, and Brent to get an idea of costs involved.
- - Brief report from Mary of order status of booklet in December, and how the new Booklet Ordering email link is
- 4. Progress of Short Wave Radio Project - Monthly Report
- - Shirleys Report is available for review.
- 5. 4QT Financial Report 2001 - Quarterly Report
- - Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statements are not yet available from the CPA firm, Wegner LLP.
- - As the corporation received less than $25,000 in donation during 2001, there is no need to file a Form 990 with the
IRS. However, a letter to this effect will be sent to them, and a 1099 form will be sent to Shirley, regarding her award
of $1,000 for booklet completion.
- - During 2001, donations totalled $5,740 and expenses were $9,252. Major expenses were for booklet kickoff
(copier), getting the servers online (DSL), and positioning for seed production in 2002 (moving the Troy-Bilt tiller).
- - Obligations to support board approved projects and expenses during 2002 is estimated at $5,970. This includes
bookkeeping ($1,000), insurance ($300), administration ($500), supplies and expenses for seed production ($990),
booklet production ($340), the hydroponics lab ($750), and DSL charges ($2, 090).
- - Funds available to spend at year end 2001 are $5,381 plus the addition of a $2,000 donation received at the start of
2002, a total of $7,381.
- 6. East Coast Seed Team Hub - Report
- - Barry Setzer has assumed responsibility for these seeds from Toni.
- - Brief report from Barry. (Toni unable to attend meeting)
- 7. Hydroponics Project Report - Report
- - · Nancy has begun a new cycle in the hydroponics lab. Brief Report.