January 26, 2003
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:10 UT. Those attending: Brent (President, and chairing the meeting); Shirley, Gerard, Jan, Mary, Roger,
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting Approval
- - Since there were no comments or questions concerning the minutes of the last meeting, they were considered ratified as correct.
- Agenda Item 2: Troubled Times, Inc. Booklet Discussion
- - It was decided that when the Booklet stock, at present standing at 175, drops to 100, Mary will re-order, if time permits.
- Agenda Item 3: Treasurers Quarterly Report Report
- - There were no particular comments on this report, except that people await full-blown report, probably to be delivered next meeting.
- Agenda Item 4: Imaging Software Discussion and Vote
- - Jan had suggested in an earlier email that professional imaging software be purchased for the imaging team, but since the team itself has not requested
such software, the Board did not see any advantage to its purchase.
- - Jan withdrew his proposal.
- Agenda Item 5: Server Project Discussion
- - Discussion of this project was tabled, since the server has not yet found a co-location, and until it does, no decisions can really be made.
- Agenda Item 6: Ongoing Projects Discussion
- - Roger gave his Acreage Project Report, not much going on through the winter.
- - Shirleys Short-Wave Radio Report had been read, and the board Members were concerned that reimbursement should be made to Shirley for her
acquisition of a radio with the 6-metre band, at a cost of $100.00. Shirley was opposed to this, stating that the 6-metre band was not necessary for Inc.
purposes, but was just something she had personally wanted.
- - With regard to the Seed Team, Roger has seed ready to distribute upon request.
- Agenda Item 7: Troubled Times, Inc. Elections and Future in 2003 Discussion and Vote
- - It was decided that Brent will call the election today, and Shirley will take over from there, as per the bylaws.
- - Re the future of the Inc., it was decided that whatever happens, Booklets can still be sent out until the very last moment.
- - Motion, made by Shirley, seconded by Mary: THAT we vote now to set a date for disbanding at the next meeting. The motion failed, with three
votes in favour, three against, and one abstention.
- - Motion, made by Roger, seconded by Jan: THAT we table this and get some input from our founder. Carried unanimously.
The meeting was officially adjourned at 19:08, UT.