January 30, 2004
The meeting was called to order at approximately 17:57 UT. Those attending: Brent (outgoing President), Roger (incoming President), Shirley, Nancy, Gerard, and
- Agenda Item 1: Welcome New Directors and Officers
- - Brent officially passed the duties of President to Roger
- - Shirley wished Nancy well in her duties as Secretary and Roger welcomed Steve as the new VP
- Agenda Item 2: Minutes of Last Meeting Approval
- - Since there were no objections, the Minutes of the last Board Meeting were considered ratified as correct.
- Agenda Item 3: Projects Review Discussion
- - CD Project: Roger suggested the price could be reduced to $3 due primarily to reduced postage when bulk orders are mailed. Nancy moved 'THAT we
keep the CD price at $4.10 with flexibility given to the CD Fullfilment Coordinator to refund portions of that price on large orders to more accurately reflect
postage expenses'. Motion passed unanimously.
- - Survival Booklet Project: Roger reported sufficient inventory and suggested we offer the booklet bundled with the CD, a postage saving. Nancy moved
THAT we offer the booklet and the CD set as a bundled pair for $7.50 on both the CD and Booklet web pages'. Motion carried unanimously.
- - Acreage & Seed Project: Roger reports that some seed may be aging and should be inspected re this, especially onion. The tiller is winterized and
sheltered. Nancy reported 120 Restart Your Garden packets mailed.
- - Shortwave Project: Shirley reported that her Canadian club is going into packet radio soon, and are building Morse Code radios too.
- - Server Project: Brent reported little progress due to a lack of volunteer or inexpensive expertise for the install. After a lenghty discussion on options, it was
decided to continue the search for volunteers or perhaps a willing student at a local university.
- The meeting was adjourned at 19:40, UT.