June 11, 2006
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:00 UT. Those attending: Roger, (chairing President), Gerard, Steve, and Nancy.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting - Approval
- - Since there were no objections, the Minutes of the last Board Meeting were considered ratified as correct.
- Agenda Item 2: Projects Review Discussion
- - Roger reported orders in a slump. Nancy explained that she has not had opportunity on her interviews, such as Kerang! in the UK, to
advertise the CD's and Survival Booklet. Inventory remains adequate.
- - Nancy reported on her germination tests. Some older seed purchased from the Arc in 1997 germinated, but in the main viability followed
what was expected per the Seed to Seed book. Surprises were peppers, which proved to drop in viability dramatically after a couple years,
and Cilantro and Golden Amaranth, which were almost 100% viable after 9 years, and grain seed purchased 6 years ago which seemed
dead due to either being old seed or perhaps irradiated. Nancy intends to use her insights in the need to have fresh seed during her
- - Roger reported that the had a problem, now resolved, where the CPU cooling fans would shut down during sleep mode, creating a
beeping alarm when the temperature level rose. This was adjusted in the BIOS settings. Ernie assisted in debugging this problem.
- - Nancy reported that her Blog radio shows continue weekly, as do the Saturday night GLP live hours. She also has live radio interviews,
recently in the UK on Kerang!
- Agenda Item 3: Adjournment
- - The meeting was adjourned at 18:56 UT.