March 25, 2001
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:00 hours Universal Time. Present: Brent (President, and chairing the
meeting); Roger, Nancy, Shirley, Mary, Toni, Gerard, Jurian, Jan, Shaul, and, much later, Barry.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting Approval
- - Since there were no comments concerning the minutes of the February Board Meeting, they were considered ratified
- Agenda Item 2: Review Project List Discussion
- - After quite a lot of discussion, Nancy volunteered to make a chart of the various projects and put it on TT-Inc for
- - The issue would then be revisited at the next Board meeting.
- - There was then a discussion about what to do with currently unused nonprofit assets.
- - It was finally agreed that they should remain where they are, since they are both insured, and safe.
- - Should Jan's off-grid energy project be included in the Project List? Consensus was, wait until Jan gets something
- - Jan to provide a write-up, as well as a recommendation to include or not, for the next Board meeting.
- Agenda Item 3: Short Wave Radio Report
- - Everyone agreed that Jan's re-write of the Short-wave Radio Project Description is good.
- - Nancy will update the appropriate web pages.
- Agenda Item 4: Booklet Costs Approval
- - Motion, made by Nancy, seconded by Helena: "THAT we approve a $500 (cap) copier and supplies for 100 or so
booklets, reasonable number, for Mary to get started".
- - "I further move THAT Mary can receive a pre-pay check, as she has posted her costs per the bylaw requirements for
this, so she will have no out-of-pocket".
- - Mary, Toni and Gerard did not vote on this; still there was a majority, and the motion carried, with Shaul abstaining.
- - Motion, made by Shirley, seconded by Nancy: "THAT for first and subsequent copies of the booklet, a $3 charge be
- - Carried unanimously.
- Agenda Item 5: Award for Booklet Development Approval
- - Motion, made by Shaul, seconded by Roger: "THAT Shirley be awarded $1000 for her work on the brochure".
- - Carried, with Shirley abstaining.
- Agenda Item 6: 800 Answering Service Approval
- - Motion, made by Roger, seconded by Shaul: "THAT we move the 800 number to Shirley's residence and select the
business 800 option".
- - "I further move that we obtain the block calling option $.35/10 min. etc.".
- - Toni did not vote on this one, but the motion carried with a majority.
- - At this point, Shirley raised the question of the nonprofit answering machine, which she had forgotten to mention
when the 800 number was being discussed.
- - As a result, Although Jan and Shaul pointed out that the Board should not have to vote on every little cost, Roger
made the following motion.
- - Motion, made by Roger, seconded by Mary: "THAT we approve Shirley's purchase of an answering machine".
- - The motion carried, with Gerard not voting, and Barry and Jan abstaining.
- Agenda Item 7: Web Hosting Disbursement Approval
- - Motion, made by Roger: "TO approve Nancy's request for web-hosting funds as outlined in the agenda".
- - Some of the votes for approval had already begun to come in when the motion was made, and it was never seconded.
- - However, approval was voted and passed.
- - Gerard did not vote in this instance, and Nancy abstained.
- Agenda Item 8: Seed Saver's Exchange Proposal
- - Everyone agreed that Roger has written a very professional letter to the Seed Saver's Exchange, that he should send
it, and see what transpires.
Motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Shaul, seconded by Roger. Adjourned at approximately 20:20, UT.