May 20, 2001
- 1. Minutes of Last Meeting - Approval
- If there is no objection to the minutes as posted, they will be considered ratified as correct.
- 2. Review Project List - Discussion
- - Prior to the meeting, each Board Member has rated the projects list
- Rating is on a scale of 1 to 4 with 1 being the highest
- Comments are also included in regards to valid projects
- The President has created a new Strawman reflecting his and the other opinons
- 3. Ongoing Projects - Results/Review
- - Booklet: Mary to update Board on any developments in the printing and bindery area; Nancy and Shirley to report on
section consolidation and progress.
- Off-Grid Energy: Jan to discuss/wrap up project mentioned two meetings ago.
- Seed TEAM: Roger and Toni to discuss their progress in compiling a list, and sending letters to other organizations
as discussed at the last meeting.
- 4. Nonprofit Lab Consolidation - Discussion
- Held over from last meeting. Nancy has suggested that a number of projects are in fact consolidated into the basement
lab at her home, and should be one project. The lab encompasses or has plans to include Hydroponics, Aquaponics
(growing plants in fish water), Aquaculture (fish tanks), Verimculture (earthworm culture), Chicks on Worms, Algae
Culture (growing blue/green algae), and the synergy between them. Hydroponics was successfully grown in worm bed
drainage. Currently the lab will house baby chicks on top of the earthworm beds to see if this produces a better crop of
earthworms and perhaps the chicks feed on the earthworms. The wetlands at Nancys home also were seeded with
wild rice and could be available for a wetlands lab. Perhaps these consolidated projects could be called Hydroponics
Lab and Wetlands Lab.