May 20, 2001
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:10. Those attending: Brent (President, and chairing the meeting);
Roger, Nancy, Shirley, Jan, Toni, Mary, Barry, Jurian, and Gerard.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting - Approval
- - Since there were no objections or questions, the Minutes were considered ratified as correct.
- Agenda Item 2: Review Project List - Discussion
- - There was a lengthy discussion concerning the project list.
- - At one point, Roger made a motion: THAT we table the project list discussion in favor of Brent's
rewrite/regrouping and continue with the next agenda item. There was no second to this motion
- - Nancy made a counter motion: THAT we continue this discussion which is months old! This was seconded by
Shirley, but there was no vote.
- - The discussion continued.
- - Motion, made by Nancy, seconded by Shirley: THAT we approve the general recategorizing into Educational,
Labs, and Support activities. I further move that we approve the final list at next meeting, after a month of
discussion on tt-list.
- - The motion passed, with Roger abstaining.
- Agenda Item 3: Ongoing Projects - Results/Review
- - The Booklet was the first to be discussed. The last summaries for this printing of the Booklet are being written by
Shirley, but Shirley pointed out that there were a few more she wanted to pursue, and the Board agreed that, since all
of these are pretty difficult summaries, the Board should review them, when drafted, and discuss before their
inclusion, or not, in the Booklet.
- - Off-Grid Energy: Jan had sent an email to the TT-Inc. describing exactly why this project has failed, and will now no
longer be possible.
- - Seed Team: Toni and Roger reported on their progress in compiling a list, and sending letters to other organizations,
as discussed last meeting. During this discussion, however, Toni made the suggestion that experiments should be done
with low-light crops. Although she did not actually say so, the implication was that Toni will put in a project proposal
to be discussed at the next Board Meeting,
- Agenda Item 4: Nonprofit Lab Consolidation - Discussion
- - It was agreed that this item had already been covered in the earlier discussion on projects.
A motion was made by Roger and seconded by Mary that the meeting be adjourned. The meeting adjourned at
approximately 19:50, UT.