October 19, 2003
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:15. Those present: Brent (President, and chairing the meeting); Nancy, Shirley, Roger, Gerard, Steve.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting Approval
- - Since there were no objections, the Minutes of the last Board Meeting were considered ratified as correct.
- Agenda Item 2: Jans Resignation as Internal Auditor and Board Member Discussion and Vote
- - Motion, made by Roger and seconded by Nancy: THAT we accept Jan's resignation as Internal Auditor, Vice President, and member of the Board of
Directors. Carried unanimously.
- - Nancy agreed to find the relevant lists of Assets, past and current values, and post them as links off the minutes. She was complimented on the great job
she has done in keeping the financial records.
- Agenda Item 3: Review of Changes to the Nonprofit Discussion and vote (if necessary)
- - It was agreed that a project should be created to back up the Troubled times web site onto CDs, and to this end, Nancy will post to TT-Inc and
TT-Forum for their input.
- - Progress will be reviewed at the next meeting.
- Agenda Item 4: Fall Projects Review Discussion
- - Roger and Nancy gave a joint report on the Acreage and Seed Project
- - Shirley reported on the Short Wave Radio Project.
- - Then Brent gave a report on the Server Project, this one sparking quite a bit of discussion. Roger thought he might know of a Linux user who could help,
and will check it out.
- Agenda Item 5: Independent Booklet Printing Discussion and Vote
- - Since the Booklet is already available on the web in printable PDF, the Board could see no problem in allowing individuals to print it, but it was agreed that
a disclaimer should be added. Brent suggested something like: "reproduce in total, and no charge for distribution".
- - Motion, made by Nancy, seconded by Roger: THAT we add to the Operations page, where the PDF files are found and can be downloaded, such a
statement. Carried unanimously.
- - It was also agreed that the statement could be added to the content of the PDF files, and downloaded as part of the Booklet.
- Roger moved to adjourn and the motion was seconded by Nancy. The meeting was officially adjourned at 19:50, UT.