Sep 20, 1998
- 1. Approve Board Members to Fiscal Controls Committee - Vote or NOT
- This was a carryover from the last Board Meeting, where Suggested Solutions were discussed. The
Committee appointed would serve at the pleasure of the Board, and would report back to the Board
in specified period of time, for example in 3 months, on ways and means to prevent embezzlement or
misappropriation or confusion due to poor accounting practices.
- 2. Revisit Article 4, Section 14, re Lockbox - Vote or NOT
- Our current Bylaws state that the lockbox keeper must be a Board Member, not an Officer. Since
Brand has been elected Treasurer, we have two choices - to have another Board Member keep the
lockbox, or make the Bylaws less specific. Since there is no conflict otherwise with the Treasurer
being a record holder for the Secretary, this being a passive clerical act, we could make the Bylaws
less specific. Here are the Current Bylaws, and the Suggested Change.
- 3. Approve Storyboard for Video Clip of Pole Shift - Vote or NOT
- During the April Board Meeting a Video Clip of Pole Shift grant proposal was accepted and placed
on the web in the list of projects looking for funding. Michel has drafted a Storyboard and Vivo
Video and is seeking approval from the Board on his approach.
Extensive discussion occurred around the Storyboard at the last Board Meeting. It was noted that the
Storyboard was too long for a 6 minute video, but extensive trimming will occur. The suggestions
made during the discussion were:
- credits such as the URL of Troubled Times should remain visible throughout the video, to give
the audience an opportunity to record this;
- evidence of prior pole shifts should be clicked off rapidly at the start of the video, to keep
- this evidence should include worldwide tidal waves and whales on mountain tops;
- the Jewish Exodus was recent and well documented, including 7 years of plagues (crop and
drought problems) prior to the passage, and could be used as the basis for a lead-in to current
- ending the presentation by pointing to Troubled Times was appropriate;
- 4. Physical Place of Business - Report by President
- The Bylaws were amended in early 1998 in accordance with an IRS concern that the corporation had
no physical Place of Business. The President has an accepted offer on a family homestead in
Wisconsin, which can become this physical Place of Business in the future. The Site offer the
potential for solution demonstrations, and the two Front Rooms, with their own entry, will be
available to the nonprofit as entry and Office Space.