September 30, 2001
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:05. Those attending: Brent (President, and chairing the meeting);
Toni, Shirley, Jan, Roger, Barry, Jurian, Gerard, Shaul.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting - Approval
- Since there were no comments or questions concerning the minutes of the last meeting, they were considered ratified
- Agenda Item 2: Tractor and Plow Rental Reimbursement Vote or NOT
- - Since the weather was so bad and Roger was unable to do any plowing, the request to the meeting was not a request
for reimbursement, but for funds.
- - Motion, made by Shirley, seconded by Jurian: THAT we vote $200.00 for the tractor and plow rental. Carried,
with Roger abstaining.
- Agenda Item 3: UNIX Servers Online with DSL and Static IP Addresses Discussion
- - Motion, made by Jurian, seconded by Shirley: THAT we approve the additional costs regarding the DSL connection
(Static IP's, Cisco Router, Installation costs). Carried Unanimously.
- Agenda Item 4: Troubled times Booklet Supply Account Vote or NOT
- - Motion, made by Shirley, seconded by Roger: THAT the Booklet supply account be set up with an initial amount of
$200.00, with more to come later as needed, with Board discussion. Carried unanimously.
- Agenda Item 5: Snail Mail Response/Mission Statement Letter Discussion and Vote or NOT
- - Shaul agreed to draft a standard form letter that could be sent out to those people who write to Troubled Times, and
are not connected to the Internet.
- - He will have it ready a few days before the next Board meeting, so that it can be studied.
- - This item will then be discussed at the next meeting, when Mary will be present to input her thoughts.
- Agenda Item 6: Progress of Short Wave Radio Project Report
- - Since Shirley had already posted interim reports on this project by email, Jan just added some thoughts of his own.
- - It was agreed that Jan and Shirley should keep in constant communication, and report to the Board jointly re this
Motion to adjourn was made by Roger, seconded by Barry. Meeting adjourned some time after 19:00 hours, UT.